Remember this process may sound intimidating and lengthy but we are here to help and assist you through the process.
This item is restricted under NFA regulations and All NFA rules apply.
What is the process for buying an SBR in Illinois?
Step 1: You will need your Federal Curio and Relics License. This is an Illinois requirement for owning an SBR. We will provide the link to ATF's website for the proper form for the license. Once filled out you will pay a $30 fee which is good for 3 years. This license as of now is taking roughly a month to receive. You must have this license before you procede further in any transfer paperwork.
Step 2: You will need to complete an ATF Form 4 Application for a tax paid transfer and registration of a firearm.
PK Firearms has all the required forms to help complete your application process
This form involves the following:
- Two Form 4 Copies to be sent to the BATF
- One Form 4 Copy sent to Chief Law Enforcement Officer for notification
- Two copies of finger print cards taken by a police department or qualified finger printer
- Two passport sized pictures for the applications
- A Certified Citizenship Form
- A $200 Check for a one time transfer tax
These forms will be sent to the BATF for approval, once they are approved your tax stamp will be returned to you and then you can take possesion of the firearm. The process takes the BATF anywhere form 3-5 months to complete.
Our website will not allow you to purchase the SBR online. However the item your looking at is in stock and we require you to start the process over the phone or at the shop in person.